The Prophet

The Student News Site of Union Catholic High School

The Prophet

The Prophet

For All the Dogs: Drake

For All the Dogs: Drake
https://images.app.goo.gl/V2pon4v9KTtRHNy29

After the nail-biting wait for worldwide-known Aubrey Drake Graham to drop his brand-new rap album For All the Dogs, the time has finally come. Fans were eager for this release following the numerous false alerts that the album was dropping. Drake’s album got thousands of mixed reviews that spread across social media, and fans are still raving about this album today.

For All the Dogs created as much talk as it did as the fans were satisfied with Drake considering their feedback by incorporating his old style into his new music. With features including SZA, 21 Savage, J. Cole, Yeat, PartyNextDoor, Chief Keef, Bad Bunny, Teezo Touchdown, Sexyy Red, and Lil Yachty, the new music made fans ecstatic about Drake’s talent even more. Drake exceeded expectations for the album as it leaves listeners shocked at the end of the hour-long collection. Drake’s fans were not disappointed when he gave them exactly what they wanted with an album to which people could scream the lyrics.

For All the Dogs has created more excitement for Drake’s future albums and his ongoing tour. “For All the Dogs also soothes Drake fans’ reluctance for his upcoming hiatus and even in its skips will be a soundtrack for the post-Covid-19 rap world, where concerts, collaborations, and cross-cultural sounds win,” Marley E. Dias wrote in The Harvard Crimson. Dias expressed her thorough enjoyment with the album despite a few reviews stating otherwise. Dias further emphasized Drake’s adaptations to new fans and adjusting his style once again.

No matter who the artist is, there will always be negativity towards new albums, and regardless of the numerous terrific reviews, there are ones that contradict them. “More worrying on For All the Dogs is how often Drake’s guests outwork him, whether it’s J Cole, PARTYNEXTDOOR on ‘Members Only,’ or SZA on ‘Slime You Out,'” Mosi Reeves wrote in Rolling Stone.

Some have said that Drake’s new album is one of the best he has created; others have noted that it was mediocre. This review, similar to many, has stated that the guests on his album have outshined him.
While there are mixed reviews for this new album, it is ranked 13th on the number one album on the Billboard 200 chart. Despite Drake’s talents, his guest features significantly influenced the album’s success. For All the Dogs may not have been everyone’s favorite album, but it did get more people attend his tour venues, and it did earn Drake recognition for all the hard work he put into the album.

.