The Prophet

The Student News Site of Union Catholic High School

The Prophet

The Prophet

UC Spring Sports

UC Spring 2024 Boy’s Baseball

Spring is here!! As winter has come to an end, athletes worldwide have put their coats and winter gear away and brought out their new spring gear to commence the new season. From the swinging of baseball bats to tennis balls bouncing on the ground and runners sprinting down the street, the spring sports calendar is full of exciting events. Since we are already halfway through Spring, we should recap the many ongoing spring sports and events that have happened or are yet to come.

Moreover, because Spring is here, the Union Catholic’s spring sports season is well underway. The spring sports at Union Catholic for boys include baseball, lacrosse, golf, tennis, and track and field. The spring sports at Union Catholic for girls include golf, lacrosse, softball, and track and field. Now, let us dive into their schedules, events, wins, and losses.

The boy’s tennis team recently lost to Livingston High School and Oratory Prep. They have won against Elizabeth and are continuing to carry out the season firmly. The boy’s the lacrosse team won against North Brunswick High School. The boy’s golf team has beat New Providence High School. Lastly, the boys’ baseball team beat Metuchen High School, David Brearley High School, Jonathan Dayton High School, and Oratory Prep.

The girls’ softball team won against Bound Brook and has yet to play Elizabeth. The athlete spotlight of the month is Cameron Kelly from the softball team, who led five innings and 13 Ks and has now made 395 strikeouts in her career. The girl’s lacrosse team lost against Cranford. Finally, the Union Catholic girl’s track and field team swept Union County Conference titles.

As the school year is coming to an end, so are the spring sports seasons. There are still
some games for our spring teams at Union Catholic and more wins to capture. Overall, this season’s spring sports have been successful and full of many wins, with more.